With Level I exams in June and December and Level II and III exams in June, it is possible to complete the CFA Program in two years. However, with a recommended study time of 300 hours per exam level, it takes most people three to four years to complete the full program.
CFA® Program exam Preparation
As a candidate you are responsible for booking the exam directly with CFA Institute. This is a simple process and only takes around 15 minutes to complete. We cannot book exams on your behalf.
CFA Institute does not allow their prep providers to publish their pass rates. Our CFA® Program exam preparation courses all follow the 'CFA Institute Prep Provider Guidelines' and we are so confident that you will find exam success with us that if you do not pass first time, we will refund your entire course fee. See our No Pass No Pay policy for more details.
Subject to availability – we will always look to accommodate you on another classroom session if you cannot make one of your classes. Don't forget we also stream our classes live via the online portal so you can always catch up online too.
No, we are a private training institution and our courses are not considered to be full time. We cannot help out with visa applications/extensions.
To ensure that you are fully prepared for the rigors of exam day, we give you a realistic mock exam that recreates exam conditions. It is six hours long and proctored at one of our training centers. After the mock exam you will have access to an online debrief by one of our expert instructors. They will run through each topic area, providing advice and support on how to improve on your score for the real exam. If you choose to study via one of our online learning packages, you will have access to an online mock exam.
Scheduled at three key stages throughout the study period, one of our dedicated CFA® Program mentors will call you. We like to make sure that you are happy with the study resources available to you and take full advantage of our online portal to manage and track your CFA Program studies. Our mentors will review your performance reports and discuss particular areas of weakness. Before the exam, they will share their insights into exam technique and final revision tips. We've set aside more than 400 hours of our time to ensure that you receive the support and guidance necessary to help you pass the exams. Formal mentoring is available for Level I CFA Program exam candidates only, to help settle into their study.
Class recordings are available to download in MP4 format. You can view them at any time. They're useful if you can't attend the class or want to revisit particular topics you're struggling with. We also live stream some of our classes, so that even if you can't get to the classroom, you can join the class online. You can view the session in real time and ask questions as the class progresses.
Our two day classroom review course is available for both classroom and online learners. It focuses on reviewing key areas and question practice. Recordings and notes from the class are also available to download from the online portal.
We don't just go through the slide pack. We work with you. Our instructors bring to life the concepts that you have read in your workbook and seen on the portal. We'll look at how to use that knowledge to answer the questions to get you through the exam and to help you apply it in the workplace. The class is also a great opportunity to meet other like minded professionals and discuss common concerns and questions.
The CFA ® Program
The curriculum is divided into four major areas:
- Ethical and professional standards
- Tools and inputs for investment valuation and management
- Asset valuation
- Portfolio management
For more information visit the CFA Institute website.
The CFA Program has three distinct levels, each culminating in examination, which must be taken in order before moving on to the next level. There are two exam sittings per year:
- December = Level I only
- June = all three levels
Each exam is 6 hours long and can be taken at exam centres all over the world.
Before you can apply for the CFA® Program, you must fulfil the following criteria set out by CFA Institute:
Meet the entrance requirements:
- Have a bachelors (or equivalent) degree
- Or be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program at the time of registration*
- Or have four years of professional work experience (does not have to be investment related)
- Or have a combination of professional work and college experience that totals at least four years. Part-time positions do not qualify, and the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment.
- Be sure you understand the Professional Conduct Statement and Candidate Responsibility Statement.
- Be prepared to take the exams in English.
- Have a valid international travel passport (required for exam registration and admission to the test center). Read the ID policy.
For further details, please visit the CFA Institute website
To book your exam you will need to register directly with CFA Institute. You must complete and sign a Professional Conduct and Candidate Responsibility Statement and pay an exam registration fee and an enrollment fee (first exam only).
For more information on the exam fees and to apply online, visit www.cfainstitute.org
Having applied for and successfully completed all three levels of the exams, there are some other requirements to fulfil before gaining the charter:
- Have four years of acceptable work experience (gained before, during or after the exam phase)
- Join the CFA Institute as a member by:
1. Submitting a professional conduct statement
2. Providing current, completed sponsor forms
3. Signing a certification form agreeing to comply with the terms of the Members’ Agreement
4. Exhibiting a “high degree of ethical and professional conduct”
5. Apply for membership with a CFA Institute member society
For more information visit www.cfainstitute.org